Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

No life

Was chatting aimlessly with the usual ppl yesterday night, when suddenly someone spoke about the term "no life", and i just added on that people like us are "no life".

Upon saying that, i suddenly got a jolt. Its like an electric current running through me suddenly. I got a shock.

I have been using the words "no life", saying it out, screaming it out, just like when i use profanities when i was a NSF. For ladies, you will be amazed by the amount of vagularies that we used when we wear green. We use them as a verb, adverb, noun, adjective, etc etc. We started our sentences with one, add a few more when carrying our message across, and finish our talking with yet another one.

But yesterday, the word "no life" set me thinking, pondering...

What is "no life"?

Take me for example. I always chiong duties. To my neighbourhood friends, i got "no life".

But chionging duties is what i like. Especially when i am with the Duty Siaos ppl. Its certainly not a "no life" to me, when we are either laughing over a joke, bitching over someone's actions, complaining about the things done by the organiser, chionging when a case is reported.

To the others, my hanging out nightly with the usual group of ppl is "no life". But that's how i spend my time. If i go home and do nothing else, to me, that is "no life".

Chionging discos, night spots to me is considered "no life", but to the chiongsters, is it a life?

So, to me, no life is a term you say to someone when they always go for some activities which you have no interest in.

Someone had mentioned to me before that writing blogs is also considered "no life".

So, how do you get a life??

No comments: