Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Ice-cream

Happy Birthday to DC and QZ!!!

Hope that this year will be a fullfillful one for you all... Hmmm... both are still single and avaliable wor... hmmm... (evil grin...)

Today is the Ben and Jerry's free cone day... Anyone got extra free cone? Can deliver it to my office?

Okie, that's a wasteful wish of mine... I am struck in office, with no Ben and Jerry's outlet near me, and i think i have to forgo the free ice-cream this time... (sob, sob...), and i never taste Ben and Jerry's ice cream before!!! (sobs louder)...

Talking about ice-cream... How it had grown... When i was a kid, an normal ice-cream cost 20 cents. Those are normal fruit favour, no chocolate, stick type... No brand somemore... it's wrapped in transparent plastic bag. The "branded" ice cream cost 50 cents. I remember going downstairs to the mama shop, (clementi), graze at the ice-cream, drooling.

Those were the time, ice-cream has been classified as "restricted" food by my parents. You only gets to eat it if you been good and your spelling is 100 out of 100.

And i was a kid, i read up that ice-cream is made mainly from milk. So, i took some fresh milk and placed it into the freezer, to solidify it. Failure big time... It became ice-milk, instead of ice-cream.

School canteen sells it too. But i have been warned by my mother not to buy it, otherwise, if i fall sick, she will not take me to the doctor.

As time passes, with these kind of restrictions, i become someone who does not "gian" ice-cream types. See ice-cream must eat types, though i may be tempted to ingest one every now and then...

One exception. You know the ice-cream that was sold by the van, that goes around the neighbourhood, a dollar cube ice-cream types. When i pass by one, i will buy one, chocolate please... That, when i come across one, i will buy one.

I remember a time, when i was with CY. I saw that ice-cream van, driving around my neighbourhood, i gave chase. Followed that ice-cream van all the way till it stopped, and i purchased my ice-cream.

So much so that i knew most of the ice-cream sellers in my neighbourhood. Everytime they see me, they know what i want. I will buy them, upon seeing them, be it day or night, sun or rain, warm or cold.

So, when you are selling ice-cream in a van, and wants to boost your business, can always let me know.

No comments: