Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Friday, April 06, 2007

"he real team" Richard Marcinko

Talking about Richard Marcinko once again, i had bought another one of his books a few years ago.

Title is "The Real Team".

This book talks totally about how you manage a team. And it does apply to everywhere, be it business world, management world, Uniformed groups, Armed forces....

Here's the summery.

===========================================================

The Rogue Warrior’s Ten Commandments of SpecWar

10 FOR THE MEN

- I am the Warlord and the wrathful God of Combat and I will always lead you from the front, not the rear.

- I will treat you all alike – just like shit.

- Thou shall do nothing I will not do first, and thus will you be created Warriors in my deadly image.

- I shall punish thy bodies because the more thou sweatest in training, the less thou bleedest in combat.

- Indeed, if thou hurteth in thy efforts and thou suffer painful dings, the thou art Doing It Right.

- You hast not to like it – thou just to do it.

- Thou shalt Keep It Simple, Stupid.

- Thou shalt never assume.

- Verily, thou art not paid for thy methods, but for thy results, which meaneth thou shalt kill thine enemy by any means available before he killeth you.

- Thou shalt, in thy Warrior’s Mind and Soul, always remember My ultimate and final Commandment: There Are No Rules – Thou Shalt Win at All Costs.

========================================================

SEVEN FOR THE LEADER

- I will test my theories on myself first. I will be my own guinea pig.

- I will be totally committed to what I believe, and I will risk all that I have for these beliefs

- I will back my subordinates all the way when they take reasonable risks to help me achieve my goals.

- I will not punish my people for making mistakes. I’ll only punish them for not learning from their mistakes.

- I will not be afraid to take action, because I know that almost any action is better than inaction. And I know that sometimes not acting is the boldest action of all.

- I will always make it crystal clear where I stand and what I believe.

- I will always be easy to find: I will be at the center of the battle.

=====================================================

Rogue’s Warrior’s Rules of Engagement

- Aim before you shoot, because the “Fire, aim, ready” method is bull shit.

- Breaks the rules before they break you.

- Have character, but don’t be a character.

- Lead from the front, where your troops can always see you.

- Don’t confused planning with training, or talking with kicking ass.

- Honor your boundary breakers as much your boundary makers, because they’re your point men.

- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, because the path to glory is littered with fuck-ups.

- Serve a greater cause than your own good, or you’ll be a one-man army.

- Take risks – and more risks.

- Never be satisfied.

=====================================================

Dwell on it, dwell on the blankety-blanking-blanker messages.