Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A sure way to get rich!

With reference to my last post on my bloggie, been thinking how to overcome my"troubles", with my troubled mind, until a phone call came in at work just now, and i realised that my "troubles" will be untroubled.

Well, almost....

Our company has wrote editorials to the papers, namely Lian He Zhao Bao, (still got others, but awaiting news) and the phone call is from the SPH Press Holdings. We had bought 500 Lian He Zhao Bao in advance for this coming Thursday edition, coz they carried our editorials in one of their section.

The fellow from SPH Holdings asked me today where to deliver the papers. The way they asked, the frequency of the calls led me into thinking that they are delivering today. I did not know that it's a Thursday edition.

I checked with my soon-to-be ex-colleague, and realised that its a this coming Thursday paper. I was thinking, how can they print Thursday paper on aTuesday? How do they predict what will happen in these2 days time? (Actually, it can be done, as shown in the James Bond movie.)

So, my soon-to-be ex-colleague called up SPH Press Holdings and enquire about it.

Then we were informed that they are delivering it on Thursday.

My hopes faded. My plans to strike rich was lost, flush straight down into the toilet bowl, never to recover. You know what's my plan?

Lets say, if they are delivering Thursday full printed papers today (Tuesday), it will surely include the Wednesday 4D results right? So, i just have to spend a bit of time today or tomorrow, queuing up to buy the top prize results, and persto, you will see me in a red ferrari, zooming down the highway, with the TP Subaru WRX trailing in the far distance.

My "troubles" which became untroubled "troubles" had re-troubled back to "troubles". How troublesome, and its back to my troubled mind to think of another way to untroubled my "troubles".

At least, one good news come out of it. You can save 60 cents. (Is that the cost of the normal Lian He Zhao Bao paper?)

As mentioned, we have to buy 500 copies. So, what to do with the huge stacks of papers? Well, we would distribute to the retailer shops, which is Guidian*, Unity and Watsons*. You can pick up a free copy of the paper on Thursday, but don't go around queueing up so early. We need need time to distribute it around Singapore! While stocks last!

(* Selected stores only.)

Good day, ladies and gentlemen...

No comments: