Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Monday, November 13, 2006

seldom seen animals

Woot!

Never new my company carpark has so many species of animals.

During lunch, i was standing at the lobby entrance, staring out towards the carpark, then i noticed an animal hopping on a tree.

My first thought was that animal is a squirrel. (Yes, we do have some squirrels living at the carpark, i had seen some squirrels a few times).

But then, it flew, to another tree, and from its outline, it turns out to be a woodpecker.

Yes, a woodpecker. This is the first time in my life i have seen a woodpecker in the wild. I watched it pecking away at the wood. It was fantestic.

Reminds me of an incident, where i had seen monitor lizards along the AYE towards Jurong. I had encounter it a couple of times.

And another incident where i had enountered a tortoise in the middle of a tarred road in Lim Chu Kang during my NS days. My PC helped that tortise cross the road a lot more faster than that tortoise could travel.

And another one where i spotted a python crossing the road when i was working in Lim Chu Kang.

Its nice to sometimes see seldom seen animals in one's busy daily routine of life.

No comments: