Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Quotes from Calvin and Hobbes

Just wanna share some nice (incomprehensive??) quotes from the famours comic strip cartoon, Calvin and Hobbes. If you spend sometime understanding it, you will think that it is true to certain extend.

=========================================

"There's more to this world than just people, you know."
-Hobbes

"Why should I have to WORK for everything?! It's like saying I don't deserve it!"
-Calvin

"I must obey the inscrutable exhortations of my soul."
-Calvin"

I go to school, but I never learn what I want to know."
-Calvin

"To make a bad day worse, spend it wishing for the impossible."
-Calvin

"If you couldn't find any weirdness, maybe we'll just have to make some!"
-Hobbes

"Weekends don't count unless you spend them doing something completely pointless."
-Calvin

"If you do the job badly enough, sometimes you don't get asked to do it again."
-Calvin

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
-Calvin

"I hate to think that all my current experiences will someday become stories with no point."
-Calvin

"Childhood is short, maturity is forever."
-Calvin

"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway."
-Calvin

"In my opinion, we don't devote nearly enough scientific research to finding a cure for jerks."
-Calvin

"Why waste time learning, when ignorance is instantaneous?"
-Calvin

"There's an inverse relationship between how good something is for you, and how much fun it is."
-Calvin

"There's no problem so awful that you can't add some guilt to it and make it even worse!"
-Calvin

"So the secret to good self-esteem is to lower your expectations to the point where they're already met?"
-Calvin"

I don't know which is worse, ...that everyone has his price, or that the price is always so low."
-Calvin

"You know how people are. They only recognize greatness when some authority confirms it."
-Calvin

"It's not the pace of life I mind. It's the sudden stop at the end."
-Calvin

"The best presents don't come in boxes."
-Hobbes

"As far as I'm concerned, if something is so complicated that you can't explain it in 10 seconds, then it's probably not worth knowing anyway."
-Calvin"

Things are never quite as scary when you've got a best friend."
-Calvin

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
-Calvin

"It's only work if somebody makes you do it."
-Calvin"

In my opinion, television validates existence."
-Calvin

"Life is like topography, Hobbes. There are summits of happiness and success... ...Flat stretches of boring routine... ...And valleys of frustration and failure."
-Calvin

"Reading goes faster if you don't sweat comprehension."
-Calvin

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want."
-Calvin

"A day can really slip by when you're deliberately avoiding what you're supposed to do."
-Calvin

"The worst part is that I don't even have the fun of doing the things I'm getting blamed for."
-Calvin

"Being a parent is wanting to hug and strangle your kid at the same time
Calvin's Dad

"I keep forgetting that rules are for little nice people."
-Calvin

============================================

Ahhhh... Dear Calvin, our fovouite forever six-year old kid who speaks with a lauguage which is so true, and yet, it is so incomprehendable. When will he ever grow up, get married and have kids?










No comments: