Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Monday, May 28, 2007

24 hour duties.

Okie... Finally, the weekend had passed.

Its a siong weekend. The statistics are out. I did 2 duties.

First duty is the overnight cycling organised by YTSS for their students. Starting point is at sembawang and ending point is Pasir Ris Park, Carpark C. I left HQ by 2100 hours.

And i was spotted by quite a number of ppl. Went to BP to change ambulance, and JL saw me, and message "Nice ambulance" to me. Spotted ST at Sembawang, at a traffic light junction, and SK spotted me at Upper Thomson Road.

That night (Sat night) must have given lots of other drivers, motorists a scare. With our ambulances beacon lights on, and parked by the side of the road, (usually in front / after the major junctions), and us in our reflective vest, standing besides our vehicles, and we got lots of speeding cars slowing down.

Did they think its an RTA had occured and they wanna some 4D inspiration?

Or its an roadblock? Rubbish right? Roadblock with ambulances?!?!

You may laugh, but there's a bike and a car did actually stop in the middle of the road, right before me. I have to wave them on their way!! Come on.. When did you ever see an ambulance that is involved in a roadblock?

And also, I believe we had set the record for being the slowest moving ambulance in the world with beacon lights on.

At the end point, i took a rest, and i guess, the guy up there does not want me to rest.

A tyre of the ambulance puncture. Had to change the tyre, with the help of EC and Rafi. I was sweating buckets by the time i finished. Changing tyre is work!!!

Went back to HQ, and prepare for another duty. I was suffering from the runs. Everytime the cyclist had a pit stop, i have to go to the "pit stop" (toilet). So, to prepare for the other duty, i drank a can of redbull, took 2 panadols ( i got a headache by then), took 2 loperamide capsules (for my runs) and 2 Cordyceps sinensis capsules (for energy and to me, it can keep me awake and alert).

The next duty is the NUS legs and paddles, at one fullerton.

And i set another record. I set up my First Aid Command Post inside Starbucks. Inside there, we monitor comms, we stoned, we joked, we slurp coffee, we slept and we draw pictures. The starbucks staff were very nice and friendly to allow us to sit there (Sofa seats) the whole day.

And that duty proved another thing. Duty with Venod, is safe. With him, there's no casualties, and once he's gone off, a girl (a competitor) had twisted her ankle and needs some medical help.

Went back to HQ at 2100 hours.

And the stats are that i had done 2 duties for 24 hours straight. With only 15 minutes nap time at starbucks.

Is that another record? (Do not mention camps in here, pls).

=================================================
I discovered a new phase.

POPE

It stands for:

Poorly Organised Poorly Executed.

No comments: