Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Thursday, October 11, 2007

Just blabbering

I was having a quiet time at the canteen eariler, enjoy my cup of hot tea (yes, i am feeling cold), watching CNA on TV, when a glass shattering broke the silence.

The boss of the canteen had broke a glass cup when washing the cups.

I almost wanted to say "ORHHHHHHH!!!!" but caught myself in the nick of time. I do not wish to have extra ingredients in my next cup of tea, or the prices of tea to increase just for me.

The canteen boss went out. Saw me staring at him, and remarked loudly.

"Breaking glass is okie, but clearing up the broken glass is work".

I kept quiet, but my mind is racing.

If you think clearing up is work, how about not making it happen in the first place? Or how about making sure that the glass will not break when it slips at the drying tray?

If steps are taken to ensure that the glasses would not fall off, or there's enough cushion at the point where the glasses always fell, then, there's no work of clearing up the broken pieces, right?

No comments: