Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Sunday, August 06, 2006

A day of fun and laugher, pain and anger.

Woah!! what an interesting day today i had. Whole day filled up non stop, a day of total frenzy, anger and relaxation. A day of fun and laugher, pain and anger... This post is goanna be a long long one, so, sit back and happy reading, folks!!!

Let me start in the morning, at about 0530 hours.

Nope, that's not the time that i woke up. That's the time i went to sleep. Its that early. Couldn't sleep at all eariler, coz i've been a pig the pervious day.

Woke up at 0645 hours. Need to wake up that early too. For IPPT test. Back to Maju Camp, back to see all the PTIs there. The PTIs are surprised to see me taking the IPPT test. Well, for me, kinda miss them. Kinda minor sprained my shoulder (old injury, haven recovered) when doing chin up.

Skipped the 2.4 run. Cannot pass anyway. Out-process about an hour after i had in-process.

Went straight to HQ. Thinking of catching a nap there before its "sun-tan" time. (AGI COLOURS Training). But the nap managed to slipped away from my "net" (intentions), when i met Siew Mei and her sister, Siew Ping at HQ. They are distributing tin cans for St John Flag day. That's the time my leg muscles start to hurt.

End up helping them to distribute the cans.

Finally, its time to load up the minibus and proceed to Ping Yi Sec for CT (not counter-terror, you CS freaks, but Combined Training) between the colours party and GOH (Guard-of-honor, not Guest of honor, just an information to all parade idiots out there).

The day was hot. Very hot. Very very hot. A perfect day to sun-tan in the parade square. But it might be a lot better if i was sun-tanning at the beach, instead of the parade square.

I might be feeling a lot better if my colleague did not keep calling me, and telling me about some minor problems that he encounter. First phone call went something like this:

"hey, simon, got steam leaking dunno from where. Temperature stopped at 99 degrees C"

"so? trace the leaks and trace the pipe to the valve. There must be some valve that you forgot to close. Did you close the air outlet valve?" I replied.

"Close liao. but still got steam leaking leh"

"Follow what i had said, Trace the leaks and follow the pipe till you find a valve"

"But what valve?" he asked.

"JUST DO WHAT I TOLD YOU! TRACE THE LEAK AND TRACE THE PIPE TILL YOU COME TO THE UN-CLOSE PIPE!!!" and i hung up. "Beep, beep, been (sensored), "

Minutes later i call him back.

"Hey, did you trace the pipe?" i asked.

"Yah, found the valve liao. Close liao."

"*@#&%^!@(%^(!@#*&" i exclaimed after i hung up the phone.

Spoke to Mr Tian about this thing. He offered me some advised, and besides that, all he can do is just shake his head and smile. Told me about his similar experiences also.

That's not all.

I got some (3) missed calls from office, and in fact that i was still training in CT, i did not realised that my phone had rung.

Called him back.

"What's up again?" i asked

"Got steam leaking from the Acid pipe." he answered.

"Close the valve on the pipe, to stop the steam." i advised.

"what valve?"

I blew my top. He has been operating the machine for over half a year, almost 9 months liao, and here he is, asking me what valve again. Mr Tian looked at me, and all he can just do was to shake his head and smile again.

I attempted to explained patiently to him, asking him to trace out the pipe. He keep interrupting me, and tell me the things that he had done. But i am trying to point out the things he HAD NOT done, in the end, i need to yell at him over the phone to stop him from interrupting and listen and follow my instructions step-by-goddammed step.

During the trip back HQ, i called him up and asked if he had solved the problems.

He still cannot get my step-by goddammed step. That's when those ppl in the minibus i was driving got a taste of my full fury.

I hung up the phone and threw the phone to the dashboard with such force that the battery cover and the battery flew out. The whole mini-bus quieten down. So quiet that you can hear a pin drop above the engine noise.

Finally, i reconnect my battery, and made a last call back to him.

"Stop what you are doing and wait for me to come!!" i yelled at him and hung up.

Reached HQ. Went to change and go straight to office. Solved the problem within 2 minutes.

After that, i went down to Dover market to get some chow. Gian Wanton mee and some sugarcane juice. To my utter disappointment, both are closed. End up buying some sandwiches from 7-11.

Went back home to bathe, and its time for me to go to plaza to meet up with CH and his friend, simon. Did not see him for months. Had msg him eariler that i was in a foul mood, coz of my colleague. Went starbucks to chill out, and we chatted a lot about SJ things, besides the incident that happened eariler.

3 of us end up at Bukit Timah for supper. Tastes great!

After Makan, still in slight foul mood, i made my way alone to woodlands, an area near to the causeway, with a view of JB coast, buildings, and yes, the sea.

Maybe the heaven wanna to cheer me up, i was treated to a minute of non-stop fireworks that was setted off in JB. Enjoyed the fireworks, though it was far away. My foul mood disappeared, just as quickly as it had came.

Went back to BP, and met up with Stuart and Aaron. Had a nice chat with them. That's when my stomach muscle starts to hurt. The little talkcock session ended and the group disbursed at about 0330 hours. It was that early again.

On the way home, after dropping Stuart off, a stupid LADY DRIVER stopped her mini-cooper in the CENTER of a ONE-LANE ROAD, with DOUBLE WHITE LINES. Thinking that her car might be in trouble, i stopped one side and apprached her, and asked what had happen.

"Sorry, my friend pang sai urgently" she said in a heavy china accent. (She spoke in chinese, except for the "PANG SAI".

At that point of time, i dunno whether to laugh or to be pissed off.

Interesting day huh??

At long last, nothing on on Sunday, and its going to be my sleep-catching-up day.

No comments: