Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Hopes dashed

I was happily working at the office when my mobile phone suddenly rang.

Me : Hello??

Lady : Hello, can i speak to Mr S.O, please?

Me : Speaking...

Lady : Hi, I am calling from (what so ever company), on behalf of (another company name) and they are expending, and we would like to extend an invitation to you to attend a interview session.

Me : Pardon me?

Lady : No, (that company) is expanding, and we are offering you a career as part of the expanding process...

I was flatten... WOW!!! I AM BEING HEAD-HUNTED!!!

Pay slips stating 10k started to float before my eyes... Dreams of a brand new posh car, a bunglow, dream holidays started flashing in my brain.

And as i was dreaming on, i asked....

Me : What's the company again?

Lady : (mentioned a insurance company name), and we are inviting you to become one of our finanical advisor.

POOH!!!! The words came in like a sharp pin, piercing my balloon of dreams. There goes my posh car, my 10K pay slip, my bunglow, dream holidays faster than you can say "Damm it".

Me : No thanks. I am not interested.

Lady : Okie. Sorry to bother you.

And i went back to work in a not-so-happy mood...

No comments: