Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Revenge of the 5 cent coin

Recently, i went to a 7-11 store near my house to purchase some drinks.

The cashier gave me back 30 cents worth of 5 cents coins for my change. (ie, 6 5-cent coins). Sometimes, you get pissed off when you see so much 5-cents coins.

Yah, i know, 5 cents coins are also money, legal tender, but when you use the 5 cent coins to pay for your stuff, the shop owner would give you a face that is longer than a horse and darker than the night.

So, the next time i went to the same 7-11 stores, i took out all my 5 cents and spend it on the drinks. $1.90 worth of 5 cents coins. (ie, 38 5-cent coins)

The staff gave me a face, and i retorted. "All these 5 cents are saved from 7-11 one leh".

No comments: