Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Monday, July 23, 2007

More parking woes

Starting from next month, I have to park my vehicle away from my block, about 5 minutes walk away.

Just because i am not the vehicle owner (registered owner) and i am not the house owner of where i am staying.

I had blogged about the parking woes of the carpark below my block, and it seems like lots of people had complained about that to HDB, and now, they are taking action. So, if you are not a house owner AND a vehicle owner, you cannot park there at all.

So, it's people like me who will "kena". Tio liao. Seow liao.

And i am the one of the few who are being "condemned" by 3 of the laws in Singapore with regards to parking at one of the "hot parking" sites.

1) Cannot park my vehicle at my place of residence when i am not a house owner AND a vehicle owner.

2) Cannot buy a house, because i am single and i have not reach 35.

3) Cannot register a van under a personnal name. (All vans must be registered under companies.)

But take a good look. The parking lots are simply too few to accommodate the number of households in that particular cluster. Their ratios are simply way off the scale. Issit the poor planning on the HDB's part that led to some of us being unable to park at our place of residence?

You think about it.

No comments: