Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Monday, March 26, 2007

RTA again!!

Currently having my In-Camp Training (Reservist Trg) right now. From 26th Mar to 30th Mar.

And i am blogging right now... Funny, ain't it?

Yes... I am not in Camp. I booked out from camp to go to work. And i need to go back 2 days later in the morning. And by then, if i still have not finish my workload (urgent!), i will try to apply again.

I got so much things to blog about.

Last Saturday. My zone FA and HN competition. I did a video presentation (in a rush) with the photos taken on that morning itself. Not a very nice presentation, but i was in a rush to get it produced. If i can, i try to put it up on U tude, and post it here. (Earilest by next week, no promises).

I was quite disappointed with myself also. I helped in the training of a corp comp team members, and their results are somehow lower then my standards for them. When this type of things happen, that means the trainer himself is not really up to the mark, which, i feel, that is the case. I must somehow find a more effective way to train up to those comp teams members that approach me for help.

That feeling is quite bad, in a way that i wanted to be alone, to sort things up, to think of more effective ways to train them up.

I was feeling so bad that i ended up not going for dinner with the zone officers and went to a duty with EC instead, NUS borderactive 2007 atatrium@orchard. (Commonly known as PS)

It was a blessing in disguise.

It had not happened to me for a long long time. As i was driving along the PIE towards Changi, before Eunos exit, a long jam happened. Given that time and date, i suspected it to be a RTA that was causing the jam.

As i drive on, EC confirmed its an RTA. No police and SCDF ambulances at the scene yet.

Yes. RTA. It has been months since i helped out in a RTA in terms of First Aid assistant to the Casualty.

The RTA involved a taxi, a car, a van and a motorbike (Oh no!!!). There was a lady sitting on the road shoulder. The case was a facial impact by the inflating air bag. She cannot open her eyes. EC attended to her.

I scanned around. I cannot find the motorcyclist. So, i asked around. Another lady (standing, and talking on a mobile) admitted that she is the motorcyclist.

"Hello, are you okie? Do you feel giddy?" was my question to her.

She shook her head.

"Do you feel any pain on any part of your body?" i queried.

"Here, here and here." she pointed to her leg.

Did the accessment, and EC suspect its a left anke or heel fracture.

So, we did what we think is correct, and wait for the ambulance to arrive, which it did minutes later.

I was on the wrong lane to take the "short cut", so, i make another big round to sent J back. Wistness anothe RTA, but there no casualties. And so we go back to MP via PIE again, and passes by the RTA scene and was amazed that there is is another (smashed) in to the back again. No casualties again.

No comments: