Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Long green paper

Talking about my last post, especially the long rectangular piece of green paper, which we known so commonly with laugher or hatred, as a summon.

Indeed. Its one of the few papers that we can react in so different ways, from one extreme, to the other extreme. Its also one of the few papers that can change the whole mood of a person, change the situation and perhaps, the driving or parking habits.

CS nearly got summoned yesterday.

I noticed 2 premas people walking towards the carpark, as i was driving in to AF's block. I called AF. No one answered. I called Viper. His line was busy. I called their house. Viper picked up, and i asked if CS is at his home. She is.

Then i asked where CS parked her car. "In the multi storey carpark, at first level." Viper informed me.

I drove to the carpark, spotted CS's car, and quickly, tear out a parking coupon and placed it on her windscreen. The parking attendance was at that level.

Another friend of mine got 2 summons. She never buy the green round thingy for parking her bike at the carpark.

Me? of course i kena summons before also. A few times, in fact. My respond was always the same, when i returned to my vehicle, and seeing red over the green paper.

" *&^%$#@*@%#$& " would always be my response.

The largest amount i kena is a hundred bucks, but i never paid up. I appealed and it was successful.

Once, i received a call from GK over a summon that was displayed on his car windscreen.

He was at his then gf place (now become wife liao) on a sunday, and when he returned to his car, to his horror, a piece of green paper was on his windscreen. He called me up and asked me how come the summon on his car windscreen has a vehicle licence number that is the same as mine...

He really thought he had received the summon, untill he saw the licence plate number on the summon.

This is the story.

I was at yishun on that particular sunday, running some errands, when i realised that it is too early, so i just pulled up into the next avaliable car park for some smoke. Upon reaching it, i saw a familiar green colour honda city car. I checked the licence plate. It had belonged to GK. So, i just pulled out my previous summon and placed it on his windscreen and drove away.

No comments: