Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Deferments!?!?!

I got a shock this morning. My boss sent me this msg: "u need to delay to camp".

I can see crows flying over my head, i can see worms crawling on the floor. What's that msg suppose to mean? What is delay to camp? ( I am supposed to be on the afternoon shift).

That's when my stomach sent me a message also. A message of hunger. My brain went to analytical mode and decided that the message from my stomach is of a high piority than the message from my boss.

So i ignored the sms on my phone and charged into the kitchen and raided my fridge, set up an ambush and managed to hold 2 eggs prisoner.

In 10 minutes time, i was munching away on my french toast happily.

My phone rang. It was my boss.

"Simon, next week, the letter will be ready, and i want you to be around to start informing the goverment agencies, don't go back to army camp."

Wah... macham like the my boss is the CDF. Say dun go back can dun go back. Suga Suga like macham SAF camp is my house like that. Cannot lah! Need to apply for deferment liao.

But then hor, think about it, if the SAF camp is like my workplace, wah!!! shiok siah!!!

And the call came after i had cut my hair, "packed" my stuffs for the In-Camp-Training.

Create more work for me instead... 2 weeks ago, asked if my boss willing to write letter for me to defer, and i got the feeling that my ICT period will be the super peak period for my workplace also, being a new management, lots things need to be done. That time is still early for internet deferment application. My boss say never mind. Now he's asking me to defer, and its too last minute.

Some phone calls and some hurried explainations later, i still need to go back to camp on Monday to report and see the CO about the deferment.

It's the same CO who had refused to excuse me from a TECHNICAL Mob because i got NDP Medical Duty OPERATIONS and i was the ground commander for the SJAB personnal on duty during NE Show 2, at Padang, 2005.

I still feel like kicking his butt. Make me rush here and there. Goddammit.

So what he's in the army? So what's he's a half colonal? I am a full civilian! Call me MISTER!

No comments: