Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Monday, February 18, 2008

Siong weekend

What a super duper busy and tiring weekend!!!

4 duties and 1 event over a 3 day period, with the last 3 duties over a 24 hour span, with me getting only about 3 hours sleep in that 24 hour period...

First is the First aid lesson conducted at SAC.


Main lecturer is Sars... And the rest of us are sitting behind...


while ET is trying to serve us food.. haha


Left halfway with VKP. For the first duty. Chingay rehersal.


Was stationed very near one of the newest attraction in Singapore!! The Singapore Flyer!!


Unfortunately, that newest attraction has a very private function at that time, and me and vkp was denied entry to the premises to have a better picture.

And unfortunately, that place we are at is the most isolated, out-of-place point in the whole chingay parade... The dispersal point. We cannot see the parade at all!! Not even the pyro works!

All we can see is the participants rushing to their buses, and going back to wherever they come from.

One main highlight of it was seeing the MPSS ppl, where there's couple of familiar faces, Vanny, KC, JR, Nic and the rest. But even then, they are in a rush to go back too...

And there's a case, whereby our vehicle has to chiong all the way into the parade to pick up a case. Thanks to Cisco officers who opened up a lane for us to bash through the performers.

Went back home pretty late (0230), having make 2 wrong turns to vkp's house. Ended up making one super long round. And me took the zone room keys home by mistake instead of taking my house keys. Had to wake up my dad to open the door for me, coz i knew that i will certainly collaspe if i have to make the 5 minute walk to my car to get the keys.

Sat morning. 0700.

Woke up by my dad, coz he is going to his association to help out in the lion dance activities. I had promised to drive him down.

My dad took one look at me and commented that he going down alone, by bus. I almost went back to sleep when he knocked on my door again, and mentioned that i have to get the key from my car, since the rest of my family is going out, and i will be locked in.

I thought about it, and took his advice, managed to get out of bed. This is certainly one example of my body not listening to my brain. My brain is screaming "GO BACK TO BED!!!" but i was outside, walking with my dad.

My brain finally quieten down, and i was thinking... Hell... since i am going to my car, might as well drive my dad down... So we go.

Went back home at around 0900, and got a few more moments of sleep, till afternoon, where i dragged myself back to HQ for Chingay duty.


One of the floats, taken during the chingay rehersal...

There was a group of vintage cars that came, suppose for the chingay. Then, another group of Harley Davidson motorcycles came...


What's next? I was thinking... The answer came soon after...


..... speechless.....

Oh yah, the road was closed. So we posed in the middle of the road!!!


Ambulance team...



Met my buddy, ZX's father there... Deployed at the same area as him for 2 years...

Same life as yesterday. Boring... Slacking at our ambulance...


Chatting...




Driving...


Playing games...


Sleeping...


And saw the MPSS people there again.


They are super high... and so are the other participants, which was the end... It's like that... Trainings, practising, just for this day, and when it's finished, everyone is very high.

Suddenly i thought back to similar moments in NDP marching contingent in 2003, and AGI Guard of honor contingent in 2002. The highness of the members...

And the skies are cloudy, but there's a couple of stars (or something else?) that can be seen through the clouds, and the interesting thing is that they are in line with the moon!!!


Okie, it's blur, coz it's dark, the exposure time was long, and i do not have a tripod, and and hand is shaking...

3 cases, all at the ending... Dun wanna talk about it. Pissed of by 2 ppl there...

YJ, YN and their FTP ppl turned up... Happy to see them...



I shall stop here. Will blog about the other 2 duties (does not have photos) the next time...

No comments: