Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Friday, May 23, 2008

Kid's memory

Never ever underestimate a kid's memory...

Went to meet up with my ex-neighbour for a dinner, with his kids. After dinner, i drove my ride to his house while the rest walked back.

One of his kids accompany me, a bright looking 4 - 5 year old kid, and i decided to play a small trick on him...

I took him to the carpark where i had parked my ride, and told him... " oh no... i had forgotten where i had parked my car... Can you find it for me?"

And so, we were standing at the side of the carpark, with his eyes scanning the cars parked there. My ride was actually "hidden" from our view by a lorry.

He commented..." your car is dark blue one leh... i cannot see the colour clearly... (it was at night)"

Then he started pointing to one of the car and led me the way towards it...

"there... your car is there..." he informed me...

I looked at the car we were heading towards and was a bit shocked... I asked him the next question...

"How you recognise my car?"

He pointed to the logo...

I was shocked. He was leading me to a suzuki car, and my ride is a suzuki... He recognised the suzuki logo.

Good memory, even though he was leading me to the wrong car...

I mean, he rode in my car for less than 10 times, being the last time more than a month ago... AND HE CAN RECOGNISE THE LOGO OF MY RIDE, never mind the colour!!!

Moral of the story...
Kids can remember things... How you and your kids have a good relationships depends on that knowledge. Up to you to list the examples...

No comments: