Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Thursday, February 01, 2007

A shocking story

Went to plaza today with Anthony.

Target: The pet shop. Mission: Buy dog feed.

While there, i was looking at the doggies or to be exact, the puppies there. After Anthony had finished purchasing, we stand outside the shop for some fresh air.

At that time, a couple walked past, and turned to enter the pet shop. I was sort of looking at the gal. She is quite pretty, and it's a normal guy's reaction to have more than a glance at pretty ladies...

Suddenly, she turned her head in my direction, saw me, gave a little startled look, waved to me and said "Hi Simon".

So, i waved back and say hi to her. After which the couple entered the shop.

The next thing i did is to turn to Anthony and asked him... " WHO IS SHE, I DUNNO LEH..." During the precise moment when she greeted me, i was in a state of shock.

Seriously, i cannot recognise her, and cannot recall who she is, and the worst thing is... she knows and recognise me.

This is not the first time this had happened to me.

The first time was in 2002. I was taking distance learning studies at Far East Shopping Center. Before the lesson, i was at Burger King with GK, queueing up to order our meal, when suddenly, someone called my name.

It was a gal. With her boyfriend, i supposed.

I stared at that gal. I could not recogise her. My brain went into afterburner mode to recall all my past. No luck. I still could not recognise her.

"Cannot recognise me har?" queried the gal. "I am YY leh"

I was shocked... I stunned there for several moments. She is YY... I cannot recognise her at all. Its been years since we last met.

During the class afterwards, i was quiet. Very quiet. GK noticed that and ask if everything is all right. He knows something is wrong with me. I was one of the class joker. But that day, i was too quiet for comfort.

So, i told him the story.

YY was the first gal that i liked. That was during my Secondary School days. That reason was okie... What shocked me was that she still can recognise me, knows my name, and yet, i totally could not recognise her. That was the shocking part.

Is it that my looks has remained unchanged after all those years that ppl from my sec school days still recognise me?

No comments: