Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

FUBAR

Yesh... after a trip to a garage, my van radio is finally up and running!!

Yesterday night, we (AF and me) did some stupid things.

I got 2 car adaptors, and i had wanting to convert one of the adaptor to something useful when we are flying kites. ie: charging the batteries while i was driving. Both of the adaptors was damaged in my memory, but i am pretty sure that one can be used, and the other is FUBAR.

Let me side-step a bit here. In my dictionary, there are 3 stages of a situation.

Stage 1: When everything is progessing well, its SNAFU (Situation Normal, All F*** Up).

Stage 2: When something goes wrong, but still under control, its TARFU (Things Are Really F*** Up).

Stage 3: When the shit hits the fan, its FUBAR (F*** Up Beyond Any Repair).

So, i am sure that one adaptor is FUBAR. Only thing is, i dunno which one.

So AF and me crammed into my van. I started the engine and insert the first adaptor. It's SNAFU. AF then use a multi meter to read the output voltage. (The voltage is critical in battery charging, kite batteries needs only a small range of voltage variation. Any beyond that, you can say bye to the battery). In case you dunno, the output voltage in a car ciggie lighter varies depending on the engine RPM.

That adaptor could be use. The variations of the output reading falls within the range.

So i plugged out the adaptor, and insert the other one in.

My car battery meter's lights immediately went out.

"Oh shit..." i exclaimed.

"Simi Tai Chi" AF asked.

"Fuse blow." i replied... "Only thing is, i dunno which fuse blow."

I took out the multi-plug head, unscrewed it, and took out the fuse. Not that fuse. Well, if's its that fuse that had blown, i could have replaced it on the spot, for i have spares.

Next, i uncovered the main vehicle fuse. Indeed, the ciggie lighter fuse had blown. And i ain't have the correct spares. (I only have 10Amp spares, while that fuse needs to be a 15Amp.)

The results of that fuse blowing results in my electric supply to my HP charger, radio, air ioniser etc being inactivated.

And just now, during lunch time, i rushed to a garage to purchase the fuse, with spares.

I dun want to be caught in a FUBAR situation again.

After that, 4 of us (VA, AF, ZX and me) did something quite stupid also. We wash our cars in the middle of the night. (It was way past midnight). All those are considered SNAFU.

No comments: