Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Monday, July 07, 2008

TP Rockamania 2008

=============================================
Short talk:

Did not have enough sleep for the last weekend... Really suffering from Monday Blues. Having a headache now...
=============================================


Why would people want to climb a rock wall??



Is it because the staircases are locked?



Nope... It's the time of the year, Rockamania 2008, organised by Temasek Polytechnic (TP, not Traffic Police hor)...

This year's scale was much better than last year's... The crowd's more, the competition was harder (as observed by the blogger) and the event was much more successful.


Just look at the crowd!

Rockclimbing is a sport which i totally cannot take part in... I don't want the wall to collaspe on me, and the other reason is that rock climbing requires you to have a super duper fingers and toes strenght, super duper flexible body in order to do these stunts...


The only time my legs are higher than my head is when i am suffering from shock or when i am sleeping in the "kiao ka" position...

I cannot imagine myself doing that, hanging horizontally, legs higher than my head...


If you noticed, this fellow is hanging on with one hand, while trying to reach another handhold with his other hand.. If i were to do that, i would have prob dislocate my shoulder, tore every tendon and ligament in my arm...


Doing stretching exercises while climbing??

Given my short (and fat) nature, i could not simply stretch that long to reach for the handhold...

Must salute to those climbers who do process the strenght, and endurance and "never-say-die" attitude in the greatest effort to reach the top.

And most could not reach the top, and had to fall...







But kudos to those who reached the top!! Well done!!





And pretty soon, we were bored...


KS was not bored... he was tired... I am the one who is bored by taking this picture...


Ahhh.. we were bored...

And these are what the organising committee did when they are bored...






Playing one of our childhood games.. "PEPSI COLA 123"... I used to play that in my primary school days...


Posing for photos...

And this is what the supporters did to the contestants when they did not do well...




They carry him to the rubbish bin and dump him in...

That was a joke... Laugh...

Nah... i supposed they were bored also...

And interestingly, when i met up with my friends later that night after the rockamania finals, he was wearing this shirt...

No comments: