Countdown timers

Alvin and the Chipmunks. "Bad day"

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

IPPT Results

Its a great day today. A great day for disappointments. A great evening more like it.

I know RTs are not meant for you to train till you pass IPPT, the period alone is also not enough to train up ppl who has been slacking for years to pass IPPT, unless you want those ppl to drop dead first, but at the very least, RT can help to improve your physical fitness, right?

Don't nod your head too fast. Its been proven wrong. After going for 1 and 1/2 months RT, today's IPPT results are envidence that more RT does not mean better results. I did not expect to pass this IPPT, but at least to see an improvement to my results. And to add salt to the wound, a couple of things happen that make me more disappointed.

My chin-up station. 2 times no count. Sian 1/2 when i heard the words "No count" that i lost momentatum. Could not pull up further. Thanks to that PTI, who is quite unpopular with all ppl.

My Sit-up. I did 40, but the results slip show 30.

Did not have the heart to go for my 2.4 run, but i told myself. Go all out for 1 round, and compare the timing compared to last time. I want to see an improvement in my timing, at least i know the time spent in RT is not in vain.

Wrong, WRONG, WRONG! Dammit. I tried, but my timing is worst than my last IPPT! WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME? My pace was fast in the beginning, but my stamina gave up before i could reach my target. What's the heck is wrong?

Has all the 14 sessions of RT been in vain? Has all those hours wasted? You are supposed to improve, not the other way round!!! What's the heck wrong with me?

All those RT lesson, all about the total body fitness, shoulder, arm, trunk, legs, heart and lung... Training technique as advised by the encik, which i tried during my running, and the result is this. Utter disappointment. After i made an effort to prepare myself for the IPPT.

Okie, let's analyse this. My timing is worst. Issit the weather? Issit the enviroment? Issit my body at that point of time? Anything is possible, but should not affect my performance so much. So, What is it? Can anyone enlighten me?

Okie, not all are bad. My shuttle run improved quite a lot, and my standing board jump improved too. At least not so bad.

Another IPPT in 2 weeks time. Lets see what i can come out with.

No comments: